Colin heads our Corporate/Commercial Practice Groups and is an integral…
Maritime & Shipping
We offer sophisticated expert advice and representation to clients operating in the Nigerian maritime and shipping sectors.
Maritime and Shipping Law Firm in Nigeria
As a leading Maritime and Shipping law firm in Nigeria, Goldsmiths solicitors is made up of a versatile maritime and shipping law team that possess in-depth knowledge of the maritime and shipping industry and offers sophisticated legal service to both our Nigerian and international clients.
Our Maritime and Shipping lawyers represent both Nigerian and international clients who are engaged in domestic and international shipping, on-shore and port related activities, companies engaged in offshore drilling, offshore construction companies, general liability insurers, etc., and we leverage on our relationship with other professionals both within and outside Nigeria in providing fast and efficient legal solution to the vast needs of our clients.
Our vast experience in this area of practice enables us to represent clients on various domestic and multinational transactions as well as provide prompt legal solutions to disputes and other shipping and maritime regulatory matters.
Our Area of Expertise include:
- The registration of vessels
- Vessel financing and acquisition
- Maritime dispute resolution
- Claims for damage or loss of Cargo
- Marine contracts including the negotiation and drafting of charter parties, transportation agreements, international sales contracts, etc.
- Maritime financing including maritime bankruptcies and workouts
- Vessel arrest and release
- General maritime advisory services
- Taxation matters
- Maritime claims and liens
- Maritime security and piracy
Consult Our Maritime & Shipping Lawyers
Insights from the Team
No posts found!