Nigerian FinTechs accounted for almost 85% of capital raised in start-ups in Nigeria in 2020.
Goldsmiths Solicitors is at the forefront of the FinTech legal practice in Nigeria. We stay up to date with innovations, regulatory requirements and legislations in the FinTech space.
We provide legal advisory services to FinTech operators such as Mobile Money Operators, Payment Solution Services (PSS), Payment Service Terminal Providers, Payment Service Solution Providers, Super-Agents, Switching and Processing companies, etc. on areas involving, payment gateways, payment services, crowdfunding, e-banking, digital wallet, Cryptocurrency, Investments, Lending, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
We assist both existing and start-up FinTech Companies, Telecommunication and Investors with a vast range of legal services. We are familiar with the demands and concerns of stakeholders in the fluid and fast-paced Nigerian FinTech industry. We constantly provide excellent, prompt and innovative legal solutions to our FinTech Clients.
Our Area of Expertise include:
- Legal Advisory
- Payment Services
- Regulatory Compliance
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) debt and equity financing
- Company Incorporation/Registration
- Smart Contracts including agreements between Topco and local or offshore subsidiaries
- Data protection and Privacy
- Interface with regulatory agencies and obtaining requisite licenses.
- Crowd Funding
- eCommerce and internet services
- Legal activities related to capital raise and operations.
- Intellectual Property including trademarks, inventions, patents, etc